When I first started cooking plant-based, I thought Mexican food would be off-limits. Little did I know, almost every one of my favorite dishes can be transformed into a vegan meal. In order to make healthy nachos, why not try a cauliflower nachos recipe? Instead of chips, why not use cauliflower as chips? So, I tried it, and it worked.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN CAULIFLOWER NACHOS?
For this cauliflower nacho recipe, all you need is a whole head of cauliflower, your favorite nacho toppings, and I have given you two options for vegan nacho cheese for the cauliflower nachos. One sauce does not have nuts or oil; the other sauce is made from cashews, but also oil-free.
My cauliflower nachos, for instance, are loaded with my favorite toppings:
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 12 grape tomatoes, cut into thirds
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
The cheese sauce, on the other hand, is the creamy savory sauce that brings it all together. For that reason, I make two favorite cheese sauces for cauliflower nachos. Do you prefer it nut-free? Then, opt for the Nacho Cheese Sauce. If you include nuts in your diet, my new cashew cheese sauce is a delicious alternative.
NEW CASHEW CHEESE NACHO SAUCE
- 1 cups raw cashews
- Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 chipotle in adobo with two teaspoons of adobe sauce from the can
- 1/4 cup water
NACHO “CHEESE” SAUCE (MADE OF VEGGIES)
- 3 small Idaho potatoes, washed, scrubbed, skin left on
- 3 large carrots
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari, liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 Jalapeno; seeded and cut
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce (I used Chalupa)
- 1/2 cup water
HOW TO CUT THE CAULIFOWER FOR CAULIFLOWER NACHOS
Secondly, instead of cutting the cauliflower into small florets, you need to cut it into large flroets and then thin cauliflower steaks, like chips. Furthermore, you need to make sure the “cauliflower chips” are all about the same thickness, so the cauliflower cooks evenly.
Other than chopping the topping, this recipe is simple and quick.
IF YOU LOVE HEALTHY SNACKS, WE HAVE SOME FUN AND EASY RECIPES TO TRY
- Tater Tot Nachos
- Vegan Guilt-Free Potato Nachos A Game Day Treat!
- Dill and Lemon Zest Popcorn
- Mexican Meatballs
- Vegan Tangy Crockpot Meatless Meatballs
- Skinny Chili Cheese Dip
- Vegan Layered Greek Dip
- Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Sweet Potato Chips
- Skinny Vegan Potato Skins
- Vegan 7 Layer Taco Dip