When I am in a hurry, which is often, I like to make a quick and easy meal. Regardless of the time, we all have to eat. So, why not make dinner in 20 minutes? One-pot tomato basil pasta recipe cooks in 20 minutes, in one-pot with minimal mess. Although I love to cook, sometimes life gets in the way. Unfortunately, tonight is one of those nights.
Even though skeptical at first, I created a delectable dinner, which was simple and delicious. Now, I plan to make new, quick vegan meals for those of you who don’t like to cook or have the time.
While researching recipes, I found fat-laden, oil-filled one-pot meals. So, I wondered what would happen if I skipped the oil, and made it vegan? No one ever thought of that? As a result, I ‘veganized’ one-pot tomato basil pasta and left out the oil, and as miracles have it, it worked.
WHAT KIND OF PASTA IS BEST TO USE FOR ONE-POT TOMATO BASIL PASTA RECIPE
Although I chose whole-grain spaghetti pasta, you can use gluten-free pasta, or a different type of noodle if you choose. Additionally, with a few simple ingredients, you can create a savory simple one-pot tomato basil pasta.
Another benefit is the cost of a one-pot tomato basil pasta recipe. For a family of 6, for instance, tomato basil pasta costs $6.32 with very few ingredients:
- 16-ounce package, dry Whole Grain Spaghetti Noodles (You may also use gluten-free pasta)
- 2 14.5 ounce cans Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 5 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 3 cloves. minced Garlic
- 1 large, diced White Onion
- 2 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup, chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 Tablespoons dried Oregano
The fresh basil, for example, is a key ingredient to a one-pot tomato basil pasta recipe. Instead of simply using basil as a garnish, the basil cooks in the pot with the pasta and then is a garnish as well.
Furthermore, to add variety, add any vegetables you wish. For example, asparagus, mushrooms, spinach, or any other vegetables can be added to the same pot. Simply add whatever vegetables into the pot with the base tomato basil pasta recipe above.
HOW TO COOK ONE-POT TOMATO BASIL PASTA RECIPE IN 20 MINUTES
In order to make a one-pot tomato basil pasta recipe, all you need is one large pot with a top.
ONE STEP…..THE BEAUTY OF ONE POT COOKING:
- In a large pot, add diced onions and garlic.
- Turn stove to medium-high and cook for 2 minutes until garlic and onions are translucent.
- Break pasta in half, if using spaghetti and put it into the pot.
- Now add two cans of tomatoes.
- Next, add vegetable broth.
- Then add 1/2 of basil, oregano, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring every two minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the rest of the herbs and spices.
As a result, one-pot tomato basil pasta takes 20 minutes including prep time. If you are someone who doesn’t like to cook, then a one-pot pasta recipe is the dish for you.
Not only is tomato basil pasta easy to make, but it is also healthy and oil-free.
I also served the pasta dish with Vegan Naan, which I made in advance and froze. I made minis, so I could toast them in the toaster 2 minutes before the pasta finished cooking. The kids came for dinner, and I fed a family of six without any time or much cost for the simple ingredients.
LOOKING FOR ONE-POT RECIPES IN UNDER 20 MINUTES? CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Vegan Cajun Pasta
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe
- Creamy Spicy Vegan Sausage Pasta
- Vegan Jambalaya Recipe Quick, Easy and Spicy
- Vegan Hungarian Goulash