With only a few ingredients, and 10 minutes prep, you can have dinner waiting when you get home from work. Although I used coconut milk, I chose the low-fat version. And, the amount per serving is so minimal, it doesn't matter.
In order to get the subtle heat to soup, I used a Fresno chili pepper. Fresno peppers are mildly spicy, but sometimes difficult to find. Fresno chilis are about the size of a jalapeño, but red in color and a bit thinner.
Although you can chop your veggies, I have a Vegetable Chopper that minimizes prep time. It has two different cutting sizes. I use it all the time. For the shallots, onions, and pepper, I used the smaller diced option. For the larger cuts, I cut the potatoes. Prep time took 10 minutes and done.
So, if you are looking for a quick and easy soup, that cooks while you are at work or school this is the soup for you.
Crockpot Spicy Coconut Potato and Corn Soup
- 6 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 3 large baking potatoes peeled and chopped into uniform bite sized pieces
- 1 large shallot diced small
- 1 white onion yield 1 cup diced small
- 2 gloves garlic minced
- 1 Fresno Chili Pepper diced small
- 1 cup corn frozen or fresh
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Chop onion, shallot, garlic, and pepper and sauce them in a pan until translucent.
- Add to crockpot with 6 cups vegetable broth
- Clean and cut potatoes, peeled, and cut into bite sized, individual pieces
- Place in crockpot
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or 4 hours on high
AT THE END OF COOKING
- Add can of coconut milk
- Add parsley
- Stir and serve
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂