I decided to make a pot of loaded veggie split pea soup, and the crockpot allows me to do so while I am gone all day, or you can even cook it while you sleep.
Split pea soup is hearty, but you can load it with your favorite vegetables to make it more nutritious with a rainbow of veggies in a single bowl. This is a six vegetable, supreme split pea soup that will fill you up without any oil or anything added other than a plethora of veggies and vegetable broth. It is thick and more like a stew than a soup.
If you re following a plant based life style, you should hav a variety of vegetables, and this soup packs it all in now bowl. You can even hide those “not so favorite veggies” in the soup without any little ones knowing.Print
Hearty, thick, and full of veggies, this soup is filling, delicious and easy to make. Throw everything in the crockpot and walk out the door. Dinner will be waiting when you get home.
PUT ALL INGREDIENTS IN A CROCKPOT: COOK 4 HOURS ON HIGH OR 6 HOURS ON LOW
- 8 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 pound bag dried, split peas, rinsed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 cups frozen organic peas
- 1 cup frozen, organic, chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen chopped potatoes, or fresh potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- Chop all vegetables except for the frozen peas, carrots, and potatoes (IF USING FROZEN), and put into the crock pot
- Rinse and drain dried peas; add to crock pot
- Add spices and bay leaf
- Pour vegetable broth over the top of all the ingredients
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH
- Add frozen peas, carrots, and potatoes
- Stir one more time
- Taste and adjust spices to taste
- Serve with a sprig of thyme on top
This makes 5 large cups/bowls of soup, so you can eat it all week long!
Keywords: soup, split pea, vegan soup, vegan split pea soup, veggies, no oil, vegan