Who doesn't love a little sweet with a little spicy? These Mini Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins are a bite full of wonderful.
First, they contain o only natural ingredients. I used maple syrup instead of sugar, and they are gluten-free. This recipe is the same as my cornbread recipe with a little kick. The original recipe is Vegan Oil-Free Cornbread.
For this recipe, you simply need to add a few more ingredients and cook them in a mini muffin pan.
Although these mini cornbread muffins are perfect for any soup or salad, they are the perfect side for chili.
Mini Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour of choice
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- ¼ cup all-natural organic applesauce no sugar added
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or agave I used maple syrup
- 3 jalapeños deveined and deseeded, diced small
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- I uses a mini muffin pan
- You can also use a silicone mini muffin pan, mini muffin paper wraps, or dust regular muffin tin with flour.
- You do not need to use spray oil or any other oil for non-sticking.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar and baking powder; stir.
- Add the soy milk, applesauce and maple syrup, chopped jalapeños and cayenne pepper and whisk to combine.
- Pour batter into mini muffin tin using a ⅓ cup measuring cup to avoid overfilling
- Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
- Cool briefly before removing from pan.
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂
Leave a Reply