This nut-free, oil free lentil beet burger is a copy-cat version of Chef Chloe’s Beet Burger without the fat.
- 1 1/4 cups, cooked Brown Rice
- 1 cup, cooked Brown or Green Lentils
- 1 cup, shredded Beets
- 2 teaspoons Dry Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 cup Aquafaba (fluid in can of chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup Italian Panko Bread Crumbs
- Combine brown rice, shredded beets, and lentils.
- Using a metal blade, PULSE 20 times. Let the pulse complete its motion before you pulse again.
- If necessary, use a spatula half way through, so you can push the mixture back into the food processor bowl.
- When done pulsing, scrape all the contents of the food processor bowl into a large mixing bowl.
- Now, add Aquafaba, bread crumbs and seasoning.
- Stir with a spoon to mix.
- Cover and place in a refrigerator for 1 hour.
- I use a 3 in 1 burger press. I LOVE THIS THING!
- Stir the mixture one more time.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium.
- Form your burgers suing the burger press or your hands.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat.(I used a Copper Pan)
- Do not add the burgers to the non-stick pan until it is hot.
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes on each side.
- I served the burger with homemade kimchi, tomatoes and mustard.
- Feel free to get creative with your favorite toppings.