My husband and I LOVE tapas. In fact, a lot of nights we will eat appetizers for dinner; that way we can taste test our way around a menu, or create our own at home. Oil-free Rosemary and Thyme Mushroom Bruschetta can be a meal in itself.
Bruschetta is one of those small plates which creates a multitude of possibilities all on a tiny piece of bread. The varieties are endless, and the flavor combinations are a great way to explore the wonderful tastes of the different vegetables of the seasons. I have several other Vegan Bruschetta recipes, so you can create a variety of flavors, or make up your own.
This savory mushroom small bite makes a perfect appetizer to bring to any party, or it can be eaten as a meal. Our guests enjoyed this dish over the holidays; not even a crumb remains on the plate.
Rosemary, garlic, mushrooms, shallots, and wine oh my……..
Oil-Free Rosemary and Thyme Mushroom Bruschetta
- 8 ounces Button Mushrooms sliced thin
- 8 ounces Baby Bellas or Other Mushrooms of Choice sliced thin
- 8 ounces Shiitake Mushrooms sliced thin
- 2 large minced Shallots
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Thyme chopped
- 2 teaspoons Parsley chopped
- 2 long springs Rosemary chopped (stems removed)
- ¼ cup White Wine
- 2 Tablespoons Tamari Liquid Aminos, or Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Worcestershire Sauce I used Amy's
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 loaf French Bread sliced into bite sized pieces
- Sautéed Mushrooms and Shallots
- In a medium sauté pan, on medium heat, heat garlic, and chopped shallot until fragrant (3 minutes). I do not use oil or butter; instead I use a non-stick pan and a small amount of vegetable broth if needed.
- Add the mushrooms and saute; the mushrooms need to cook for a while, so be patient.
- Add the rosemary and thyme and stir, cooking some more.
- Add Herbs and Wine
- Once your mushrooms are cooked (they begin to brown and start to stick to the pan, add the Tamari,Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in wine. Cook a while longer, so the ingredients come together.
- Slice your french bread in ½ sliced and place on to a baking sheet.
- Put bread in the oven at 350 for 6 minutes.
- Take the bread out of the oven and using a spoon, cover the surface of each piece of bread with the mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂