Live on the wild side, and try a skinny cheese dip for your favorite party snack, or just because its yummy. Dip away!
1 box Super Pretzel Soft Pretzel Bites, or hard pretzels (sticks); pita bread works as well.
- 2 cups Skinny Nacho “Cheese” Sauce without the hotel tomatoes (recipe below)
- 1/2 plus 2 Tablespoons cup yellow mustard, prepared mustard (not seed); you may also use brown mustard or spicy mustard, or any type of mustard you like depending on the type of dip you are desire.
Mustard Cheese Ingredients:
- 3 small Idaho potatoes, washed, scrubbed, skin left on
- 3 large carrots
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari, liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 Jalapeno; seeded and cut
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce (I used Chalupa)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup yellow mustard (do not blend in blender with the above ingredients)
- Wash three averaged sized potatoes; cut into large chunks (leave skins on potatoes)
- Clean and cut three large carrots and chop them the same size as potatoes
- Cover in water
- Boil for 20 minutes
- While potatoes are boiling, put vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, jalapeno, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, hot sauce and soy sauce in a blender
- Drain potatoes and carrots
- Put potatoes and carrots into a blender; blend until smooth
- Mixture will be thick; add water
- Measure 2 cups of cheese sauce and put in a small sauce pan; reserve the rest in a different container (it makes a lot, so you can use it for other recipes throughout the week)
- Add 3/4 cup yellow mustard and cook on low while pretzels cook
*You can also separate 2 cups of cheese, mix in the mustard and put in a container and microwave later.
Keywords: crockpot, vegan cheese dip, pretzels, vegan, appetizers, dip, vegan dip