In order to make delicious, oil-free dressing, all it takes is a little creativity and some whole foods ingredients. Yesterday, I made a Creamy Dreamy Skinny Pumpkin Rigatoni, but I only used half of the pie pumpkin. In an effort not to waste the other half, I figured I should make something yummy with it today.
So, I decided I would make a Kale Harvest Salad with a Skinny Roasted Pumpkin Vinaigrette. With four simple ingredients, and a blender, I made a flavorful Roasted Pumpkin Vinaigrette. In fact, I made the salad after the dressings, so I could enhance the flavors in the dressing.
Although I used a pie pumpkin I previously roasted, you can use pumpkin puree as well. First, not only is this dressing wonderful on a salad, it is perfect as a vegetable dip, or a sauce for a potato, or Brussel sprouts. The maple and pumpkin flavors are enhanced by teh dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar.
If you a looking for an easy, oil-free dressing, try Skinny Roasted Pumpkin Vinaigrette.Print
4 ingredients, oil-free skinny roasted pumpkin dressing is the perfect fall dressing for salad, potatoes, or any other vegetables you are craving.
- 1/2 roasted pie pumpkin, or 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut pie pumpkin in half and remove seeds and stringy material (keep pumpkin seeds for roasting)
- Place pumpkin halves face down on a baking pan lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Cover with aluminum foil
- Bake for 45 minutes, covered
- Remove from oven, and keep covered for another 20 minutes to steam
- When cool, scrape 1/2 of the pie pumpkin fresh from the skin
- Place 1 cup pumpkin fresh or pumpkin puree in a high speed blender with other ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (I didn’t add any)
Keywords: pumpkin Vinaigrette, pumpkin dressing, oil-free pumpkin dressing, roasted pumpkin