When I’m craving a Crunch Wrap Supreme, I don’t go to Taco bell, I stay at home. In fact, I can proudly say my skinny vegan crunch wrap supreme is way better.
First, all you need is your favorite burrito ingredients, and large burrito sized tortillas and some small tortillas.. Although Taco Bell uses a fried tostada inside, I skip that part, and use two tortillas, and fill my skinny vegan crunch wrap supreme with vegan goodness.
Instead of using my panini maker, I use my Best Non-Stick Pan for Oil-Free Cooking, and its all in the way you fold your tortilla. So, your focus needs to be the center of the tortilla for the veggies, and you simply fold around the goodness.
In order to avoid sogginess, I layer my ingredients with the wet ingredients in the middle. In other words, use dry on the outside and wet on the inside.
For this recipe, I used my Skinny Nacho “Cheese” Sauce I had left over from last night’s dinner. If you think ahead, you can use multiple recipes in different dishes.
That way you avoid any soggy bread. With that in mind, a skinny vegan crunch wrap supreme isn’t crunchy if it’s soggy.Print
Get a little crunch in your burrito by filling it with vegan goodness.
- 4 large whole wheat burrito tortillas, plus 4 small tortillas (0r one cut into four equal quarters)
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Skinny Nacho “Cheese” Sauce
- 2 jalapeños
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 Avocados, pit removed, and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- Prepare all vegetables
- Lay one tortilla on a plate surface
- Place a 1/4 cup of cooked brown rice in the middle
- Place 1/4 of the can of black beans on top of the rice
- Continues with 1/4 of the remaining ingredients.
- Lay a single small tortilla or a quart of an extra large tortillas on top of the ingredients in the center.
- Fold the tortilla around the ingredients in a circular motion, meeting the small tortilla or quartered tortilla you used for the center.
- Heat Best Non-Stick Pan for Oil-Free Cooking to medium low
- Place tortilla folded side down first; this will seal the folds
- Cook for about 7 minutes; check to make sure golden brown before flipping over
- Gently flip crunch wrap over
- Cook another 7 minutes, checking to make sure it is golden brown.
- Make remaining 3 (I use different pans to have them all done at once).
- Serve with salsa or guacamole or BOTH!
- I cut in half to share 🙂
Keywords: Crunch wrap, vegan crunch wrap, vegan burrito, vegan sandwich, vegan nacho cheese dip