Although I love all vegetables, I have a tendency to eat the ones I like more often than all the vegetables I should. In fact, I am guilty of not eating “the colors of the rainbow” even though I know I should. As a result, I made a skinny vegan rainbow salad with all the goodies!
Recently, I posted my Lucky Dragon Bowl recipe, which I love, but it takes time and cooking. My skinny vegan rainbow salad, on the contrary, is quick, easy, and I can eat it all week long.
First, skinny vegan rainbow salad has variety of vegetables and proteins, and the dressing is completely oil-free, and fat free.
In addition, you can use skinny vegan rainbow salad as as base by adding tofu or tempeh for a dinner entree. Not only does salad store well, it is easily meal prepped for the entire week.
So, this passed weekend, I had the family over, and I made skinny vegan rainbow salad. Despite my intentions to have leftovers this week, to my surprise, it vanished in minutes. Even though my boys are picky, they loved it.
If you are guilty of not “eating the rainbow,” like me, give it a try. You might find a pot of gold at the end. And if you like this salad, you will love my Southwest Chickpea Quinoa Salad, as well as Vegan Curry Chickpea Sandwich Spread.
Taste the rainbow! Enjoy all your veggies in one wonderful bowl.
- 1 26 ounce can chickpeas (drained)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 3 cups arugula ( keep this separate)
- 1 large English cucumber, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Place all ingredients except arugula in a large bowl
- Whisk ingredients together
- Pour dressing over salad and toss; you can do this hours in advance. The longer is brews the better.
- Place a large handful of arugula in the base of each bowl
- Spoon rainbow salad on top of arugula
- Top with baked or grilled tofu
- Top with baked or grilled tempeh
Keywords: rainbow salad, vegetable salad, no oil salad dressing, vegan rainbow salad, eating the rainbow, plant based salad, chickpeas, cabbage salad