Although when most people think of Ramen noodles, they think soup; this recipe is a skinny rice noodle dish.
In fact, finding Vegan Ramen noodles can sometimes be difficult. I buy my Rice Ramen Noodles on Amazon, when I can’t find them at Costco or Whole Foods.
Not only are these noodles great for Ramen soup, or salad, they are also wonderful as a noodle in a stir fry. First, Rice Ramen noodles are gluten-free and made of rice and millet.
Secondly, they are low in fat and calories. So, with that being said, I use these noodles as often as possible when eating pasta.
As I have said previously, I love asian food of all kinds. Also, I am a hug fan of miso based dressings I can make at home with very few ingredients.
Despite the time it takes to make sauces and dressings homemade, the results are worth the effort. Bottled condiments and dressings have a lot of processed ingredients and hidden sugar. If you make your own at home, you will soon discover how much healthier they are.And, they also taste better.Print
Instead of eating Ramen soup, try a stir fry with Ramen Noodles, vegetables and miso sauce!
- 3 broccoli heads, or 6 cups broccoli florets
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, 1 cup sliced thin
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 individual Ramen Noodle blocks (they come in individual servings pre-sized)
- Vegetable broth to use in the pan to avoid sticking
- 1/2 cup white miso paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon chili paste
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 7 ounces baked tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- black sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water with a pinch of salt to a boil
- Add Ramen noodles
- Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes according to package directions
- Drain in a colander and set aside.
- In a large Wok, cook garlic, ginger and onion until translucent over medium heat
- Add mushrooms; cook until browned; add a little vegetable broth in the event of sticking
- Add broccoli and stir fry for approximately 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently
- OPTIONAL: Add tofu
- Add Noodles
- Add sauce
- Toss in wok until noodles are covered
- Add green onions in the last couple of minutes
- Whisk all ingredients together; cover and refrigerate until ready to use
- Serve in a bowl with black sesame seeds
- Serve with chop sticks for added fun 🙂
Keywords: stir fry, ramen noodle stir fry, miso dressing, vegetable ramen stir fry , vegan, broccoli, mushrooms, vegan ramen noodles