Although I love eating out, making food at home is healthier, because I am the one who makes it. Even though many people prefer to going out over cooking, there are simple recipes you can make in one pan in no time. For instance, Thai Red Curry Vegetables, are easy to make.
First, it is important choose a vegan curry paste. An example of both and red and green curry paste I love is Thai Kitchen Curry Paste. The vegetables are simply added to a pan with the sauce and simmered until done. Although you can eat the vegetables alone, you can also serve on top of rice, rice noodles.
Another option is to use low-fat coconut milk. Both types of coconut milk creates a light, creamy, yet subtle spicy sauce. If you prefer less spice, adjust the amount of curry paste you add to the pan. You can always add more, but you can’t take spice away, so tread lightly if you are sensitive to spice.Print
Easy, one pan curry is so tasty, you don’t even need rice or noodles. This dish can be eaten all alone.
- 1 13 1/2 ounce coconut milk (do not shake before opening)
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 4 ounce jar Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- DO NOT SHAKE the can of coconut milk. Spoon 6 Tablespoons of the coconut cream floating on the top of the can and put it in a wok.
- Pour remaining coconut milk into a medium sized bowl or glass measuring cup.
- Add vegetable broth and soy sauce to coconut milk and stir.
- Place wok with coconut cream over medium heat until it begins to bubble.
- Add onion, red pepper, broccoli and green beans.
- Stir until vegetables are hot (3-5 minutes)
- Stir in coconut milk, vegetable broth combination.
- Add curry paste. Whisk in until combined.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until vegetables are al dente
- Add 1/4 of water if it’s too thick.
- Serve with basil on top and squeeze a lemon wedge on top of each bowl.