Mushrooms are a perfect capsule to stuff wonderful ingredients. These savory bite-sized mushrooms are to die for.
- 12 medium sized Baby Portobello Mushrooms
- 8 ounce carton, diced Cremini Mushrooms
- 2 minced Shallots
- 2 cloves, minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Tamari, Liquid Aminos, or Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup Italian Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 teaspoons, fresh, chopped Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons, chopped Italian Parsley
Prepare and Clean Mushrooms:
- Gently wash the mushrooms, removing any excess dirt.
- Lay on a paper towel to dry or pat dry with a towel.
- Carefully remove each stem, so not to break the mushroom.
- Using your finger or tiny spoon, scrape any gills out, leaving a slightly bigger opening.
- Return to paper towels to dry.
Prepare the Filling:
- Sauté shallots, garlic until translucent.
- Add diced mushrooms (make sure they are diced very small).
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- (You may need to add a little vegetable broth while cooking).
- Add all other ingredients, except the bread crumbs and parsley.
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in bread crumbs.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a silicone baking mat or parchment paper, line a baking pan.
- Fill mushrooms with filling, packing it in to each mushroom. I use a cookie or melon baller to get a round shape.
- Cook mushrooms for 20 to 30 minutes, uncovered (depending on size of mushrooms)
- Sprinkle parsley on top.
Although these mushrooms are very savory on their own, some people like sauce. You could use a maple mustard sauce or any sauce you enjoy.