I love bread! In fact, as a kid, my name of dough face. Although I don't eat a lot of bread, I do enjoy garlic bread from time to time. But, I wanted to make healthy vegan garlic bread without any vegan butter or oil. Yes, I've tried the homemade corn butter and other options, but I just don't like either one. Instead, I wanted to make a creamy garlic spread that tasted like garlic bread. So, my vegan garlic bread recipe is unique.
First, let's talk about fat. I prefer to cook without oil or store-bought vegan butter. However, I was thinking about the texture of roasted garlic and one of my favorite ingredients, miso!
GREAT VEGAN GARLIC BREAD BEGINS WITH A GREAT LOAF OF BREAD
Although any bread can make fabulous vegan garlic bread, I chose a loaf of sourdough bread. I'm very lucky, however, that our local baker makes oil-free, vegan bread. And although I try not to eat a lot of bread, his bread is to die for!
As a result, I needed to create a unique garlic "buttery" spread for my sourdough bread. So, I decided to make a simple spread with fresh roasted garlic, miso, garlic salt, and my Vegan Parmesan Cheese.
HOW TO ROAST GARLIC FOR VEGAN GARLIC BREAD
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Peel the papery outer layer away from the whole garlic head, leaving the skins around the individual garlic cloves, keeping the head intact.
- Cut 1/4 across the entire top of the head of garlic, revealing the garlic within
- Wrap in aluminum foil (you do not need oil)
- Place on a small baking sheet in the oven
- Cook for 30-40 minutes
- All to cook, so not to burn your fingers
- When cooled, remove inner cloves of garlic with a small knife or cocktail fork; you can also squeeze it out
- Place all cooked garlic in a small dish
Once the garlic miso spread is mixed, spread on each slice of bread and sprinkle with Vegan Parmesan Cheese. Then, place the bread in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the type of bread you choose.
As a result, the vegan garlic bread is crunchy on the outside and soft and buttery on the inside. Not only is this recipe easy to make, but it also tastes so creamy and delicious, you won't believe it doesn't have any vegan butter or oil.
So, if you are looking for healthy vegan garlic bread, try my recipe with 4 simple ingredients.
TRY THESE GREAT RECIPES TO SERVE WITH VEGAN GARLIC BREAD
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Vegan Italian Wedding Soup
- Vegan Lasagna
- Antipasto Salad
- Vegan Pesto Pasta
- Vegan Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
- Vegan Pasta Primavera
- Pesto Pasta with Mushrooms
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe
- Asparagus Salad
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂