Even though I love to cook, sometimes, I need a quick healthy meal without a lot of ingredients or kitchen utensils. In the past few months, I’ve tried to focus on quick, healthy meals that all cook in one-pot. Vegan pasta primavera recipes, for instance, is quick and easy, and everything cooks in one pot. Not only does one-pot vegan pasta primavera recipe take under 20 minutes to make, but there is only one pot to clean. And, I don’t know about you, but minimal mess with an easy meal is what it’s all about.
Basically, vegan pasta primavera is pasta and vegetables. But my vegan pasta primavera is different, because of it’s oil-free light and creamy garlic lemon sauce. And, let’s not forget, it all cooks in one pot.
For instance, a typical pasta primavera recipe uses olive oil as the sauce. Since I don’t cook with oil, my vegan pasta primavera recipe is fresh and light.
WHAT PASTA SHOULD I USE TO MAKE VEGAN PASTA PRIMAVERA?
Although any pasta can be used for vegan pasta primavera, I chose penne pasta. A lot of recipes, for instance, suggest Fettucine or spaghetti noodles. However, I prefer penne because it works well with bite-sized vegetables.
OTHER GREAT BITE-SIZED NOODLES FOR VEGAN PASTA PRIMAVERA
Furthermore, any type of pasta works as well: regular, whole-grain, or gluten-free.
CHOOSING VIBRANT SPRING VEGETABLES FOR VEGAN PASTA PRIMAVERA
Because spring is in the air, I selected vegetables currently in season with an array of colors. When shopping for inexpensive produce, it’s always best to shop in season. Not only do vegetables in season cost less, but they are also the freshest. So, when planning your weekly menu, think about what vegetables are in season in your area.
For my vegan pasta primavera recipe, I chose:
- White onion
As a result, the vegetables you choose depend on your personal favorites as well as what’s available.
IMPORTANT TIPS TO AVOID SOGGY VEGETABLES FOR ONE-POT PASTA
In order to avoid soggy vegetables, I have a few helpful hints to make sure your vegetables are cooked perfectly.
- Saute the garlic, onions, and mushrooms until browned
- Add seasonings and then add the pasta
- Next, add the vegetable broth and bring to a roaring boil.
- Cover, turn the heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- With 5 minutes left, add the broccoli, asparagus, frozen peas, and zucchini and stir into the pasta
- Again, cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Uncover the pot, add the cashew cream and tomatoes
- Stir and remove from heat.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR HEALTHY PASTA RECIPES, WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
- One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta
- Vegan Cajun Pasta
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe
- Vegan Pesto Pasta
- Vegan Hungarian Goulash
- Garlic Noodles
- Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff
- Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
- Vegan Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Veggie Stuffed Shells