The Best Ultimate Vegan Lentil Black Bean Burrito
Create the ultimate Mexican fiesta with this vegan lentil black bean burrito! This lentil black bean burrito recipe is drizzled in vegan cheese sauce and avocado lime cream sauce. Black bean burritos never tasted so good!
Servings: 4 Burritos
The Burrito Filling:
- 2 cups cooked lentils (brown or green) ( or 1 bag BOCCA Crumbles)
- 1 can Black Beans (or pinto beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 packet Chili Seasoning
- 1 can Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 Jalapeno diced (leave seeds in for mega spice; remove seeds if you prefer a more mild flavor)
Avocado Lime Sauce:
- 1 Avocado
- ½ cup tightly packed Cilantro
- 4 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- ½ cup Water
- 4 Vegan Wraps/or Tortillas I bought mine at Whole Foods
Pico De Gallo:
- 12 sliced Grape Tomatoes
- 1 diced Red Onion
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped
- 2 deseeded sliced Jalapeno
Sauté garlic and diced onions until translucent.
Add diced red pepper.
Add cooked lentils or an alternative meat choice.
Add black beans or pinto beans.
Cook over medium heat.
Add chili packet and tomatoes.
Reduce heat to simmer until all fluid from tomatoes has dissipated.
It will thicken as the fluid cooks off.
Avocado Cream Sauce:
In a single blender cup, add avocado, lime, cilantro, and water.
Blend until smooth.
Transfer to a plastic squeeze bottle.
Place in a refrigerator until you use it.
Vegan Cheese Sauce
Reheat the vegan cheese sauce in a small space pan on low, and frequently stir to avoid sticking.
When heated through, place contents in a glass dressing dispenser to drizzle.
Pico De Gallo:
Slice tomatoes, diced red onions, and chop cilantro.
Remove the seeds and the vein from the jalapeno and dice.
Put all ingredients in a bowl and toss in lime juice.
Preheat panini maker to medium.
Assembling and Grilling the Burrito:
Lay each wrap on a flat surface.
Place a large scoop of burrito filling in the center of the wrap.
Drizzle with vegan nacho cheese sauce.
Fold the short side first and roll the burrito, holding the filling inside the burrito.
Place burritos on the panini and close the top.
Cook for 10 minutes or until the burrito is toasted.
Remove the burrito from the panini maker.
Drizzle with nacho cheese sauce, avocado sauce, and Sriracha.
Top with Pico de Gallo.
- Warming a tortilla helps it stretch to make folding easier.
- If you prefer a crunch wrap instead of a burrito, check out this vegan crunch wrap recipe.
- Add vegan sour cream for an added creamy bonus.
- When cooking the burrito in a pan or in the panini press, start with the fold side down to seal the burrito shut.
- Do not add the drizzled vegan cheese sauce and avocado cilantro cream until right before serving.
- Warm the cheese sauce before adding it to the squeeze bottle.
- Try Mexican rice or Mexican chopped salad on the side.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 575kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 588mg | Potassium: 1317mg | Fiber: 23g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 2621IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 209mg | Iron: 8mg