Spinach Artichoke Pasta
Dig into a sumptuous bowl of spinach and artichoke pasta. This creamy one-pot sensation takes under 20 minutes to make! Try not to eat the whole pot in one sitting.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 large sweet onion cut into slivers
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 16 ounces sliced baby Bella mushrooms baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary stem removed, chopped
- 15 ounces quartered artichoke hearts in water from a can, drained, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 16 ounce pasta of choice gluten free, if desired* I used penne
- 4 cups vegetable broth
Set Aside and Add After Cooking
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- 8 ounce fresh baby spinach chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Pinch Red Chili Flakes if you don't like heat, skip it
- ¼ cup raw cashews soaked overnight, and rinsed (or substitute flour, silken tofu or white beans for a nut-free otpion)
- ½ cup vegetable broth
In a non-stick 3 quart pot, sauté garlic and onion until just tender, about 30 seconds.
Add sliced mushrooms and cook with garlic and onion; add a little vegetable broth to prevent sticking.
Add rosemary and soy sauce and sauté until golden brown.
Add the veggie broth, elbow macaroni, nutritional yeast and artichokes, cover the pan with the lid and bring to a boil.
DO NOT add spinach, tomatoes, chili flakes, lemon juice or cashews until after cooking is complete
Once it's boiling, lower the heat and let simmer for 13 minutes (depending on how al dente/soft you want the pasta to be).
While pasta is cooking take ½ cup raw cashews, drained and add ½ cup water.
Blend in a blender cup until smooth
Add Final Ingredients
11 minutes into cooking, add in the chili flakes, lemon juice, tomatoes and spinach, Continue cooking until it's done.
When its done cooking, stir in cashew cream.
- Choose a pan large enough to accommodate the ingredients.
- Because everything cooks in one pot in under 30 minutes, cut and measure all the vegetables and ingredients before you begin cooking.
- Cook in stages as suggested, so everything cooks evenly and isn't underdone or overdone.
- If using gluten-free pasta, cook the pasta separately in water, drain and rinse. Reduce the fluid by ½ for other ingredients. Then, add the pasta at the end and stir.
- For a nut-free option, choose flour, gluten-free flour, and beans or silken tofu to replace the cashews.
- The pasta will thicken after adding the cashew cream. Continue stirring until it thickens to your desired consistency.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Sodium: 1348mg | Potassium: 813mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3922IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 3mg