Chickpea Quinoa Salad
The fresh melody of southwest flavors in southwest chickpea quinoa southwest salad will bring you back for more. This salad is oil-free and delicious; this salad is the perfect entree or side dish for your next family gathering.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 30 ounces chickpeas garbanzo beans drained and rinsed (keep the aquafaba from the can for another recipe)
- 1 large English cucumber skin on, diced
- 1 medium red pepper diced
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 jalapeño pepper deseeded chopped
- 2 cups purple cabbage chopped
- 2 cup cooked red quinoa cooled before adding to the salad
- 2 avocados sliced thin (garnish; optional)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- The juice of 1 lemon or 3 Tablespoons
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup or date syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
In a large bowl, add all the salad ingredients
Do not add quinoa until it is cool
Add dressing; toss
Cover and refrigerate until served
Add avocado for garnish (optional)
- Dress the salad in advance, so the ingredients enhance over time in the refrigerator.
- Do not add the avocado or microgreens until ready to serve to avoid, This way the avocado won't brown and the microgreens will stay vibrant.
- If you need help with cooking quinoa, check out this full-proof way to cook quinoa every time.
- Make sure the quinoa is completely cool before making the salad. After cooking, place it in the refrigerator to cool down more quickly.
- If using dried chickpeas instead of canned, soak them overnight for the best cooking result.
- I make a double batch of this salad and take it to work all week long.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 448mg | Potassium: 1258mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1401IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 7mg