Quinoa Greek Salad
Quinoa Greek salad is a vegan version of my favorite Greek salad. Nutrient-Dense never tasted so good! The dressing is "to die for." full of tang and zest, and oil-free. You will love the combination of flavors! So, dig into this tasty vegan Greek salad!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 large head Romaine lettuce cleaned, core removed, and chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa cooled before putting in the salad.]
- 1 medium red onion sliced thin
- 1 large English cucumber cut in slices, and quartered
- ½ cups Kalamata Olives cut in half ( skip if you are avoiding foods with natural oils)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 15 ounces chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces sliced beets drained and rinsed or fresh roasted beets, sliced
- 1 can artichokes in water quartered
- 6 ounces tofu feta cheese optional
- ¼ cup banana peppers sliced (optional)
Vegan Greek Dressing
- ½ cup hummus of choice I used oil-free Engine Brand
- ¼ cup lemon juice juice of 2 lemons
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Add a little water if you need to thin or if it is tart for your taste.
Place the chopped Romaine lettuce in the base of a bowl or plate
Arrange the ingredients in rows with the quinoa in the center,
If servings in individual bowls, divided the ingredients into separate bowls
Is Greek Dressing vegan?
Where can I buy vegan feta cheese?
- Most Greek dressing is vegan unless it contains feta cheese or contains mayonnaise. But, oil-free vegan Greek salad dressing is difficult to find but simple to make.
What do banana or mild peppers taste like?
- Most grocery stores sell a couple of different varieties of vegan feta cheese. But, making your own vegan tofu feta cheese is healthier and tastes fabulous!
- Banana peppers taste tangy and slightly sweet. It is not considered a hot pepper, offering either no heat or a slight tingle.
Calories: 643kcal | Carbohydrates: 98g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1218mg | Potassium: 1333mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 14209IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 207mg | Iron: 8mg