Vegan Sour Cream
I don't know about you, but I can't find a store-bought vegan sour cream I like! And, the store-bought versions aren't very healthy either. Instead, make your own vegan sour cream at home with 6 healthy ingredients. Add a little vegan sour cream love to your favorite foods. A dollop will do!
Servings: 20 servings
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for at least 4 hours if you do not have a high-speed blender
- ¾ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice or more if needed (taste as you go; I love lemon)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt add more to taste
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
If possible, soak the raw cashews overnight. This is not necessary, but it makes blending easier if you don't have a quality high-speed blender.
Rinse the soaked cashews.
Add all other ingredients to a high speed blender.
Blend the ingredients until smooth.
Put in the refrigerator to thicken.
- Choose silken tofu or white beans for a nut-free option. If using white beans or tofu, however, reduce the water by half.
- Choose unflavored, unsweetened vegan yogurt, and skip the water.
- Using fresh lemon juice is better than bottled.
- For flavored sour cream, add your favorite herb and spice combinations.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 0.4g | Vitamin A: 0.1IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.4mg