Vegan Thousand Island Dressing
What's in the secret sauce? Vegan thousand island dressing recipe is perfect for a sandwich, burger, salad dressing, or dip. So dip, dip away.
Servings: 12 servings
- ½ cup raw cashews Soaked overnight but not necessary; or boil for 10 minutes, drain, and rinse.
- ½ cup organic ketchup
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons agave you can sub maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup of diced pickles sweet or dill
Variation 1 and 2: (If you are allergic to nuts)
- Substitute ½ cup Vegenasie for nuts and reduce water to ¼ cup or
- Substitute ½ cup silken tofu for nuts and use ½ cup water
- Substitute ½ cup silken tofu
- Substitute ½ cup sunflower or hemp seeds
- If you don't own a high-quality blender, soak the cashews overnight, drain, and rinse before blending.
- A quick way to soften cashews, seeds, or other nuts is to boil them for 10 minutes, drain, and rinse them before blending.
- A lower-calorie and nut-free option is white beans, silken tofu, or unsweetened vegan yogurt.
- Do not blend the pickles into the dressing; instead, finely chop them and stir them into the dressing.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to chill before using.
- The dressing with last up to 5 days refrigerated.
Calories: 53kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 334mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 63IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.4mg