Vegan Cream Cheese
Make your own delicious vegan cream cheese with a variety of flavor options. With only 4 ingredients, you can have cream cheese in minutes.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Total Time10 minutes mins
Servings: 20 servings
Vegan Cream Cheese
- 1 cup raw cashews softened soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- ¼ teaspoons salt or to taste
Rinse and drain soaked cashews.
In a small bowl food processor, add the cashews and the rest of the ingredients.
Blend until smooth; scraping the sides down, and blend again.
It will thicken more in the refrigerator.
Refrigerate to thicken.
Lasts 5 days in a covered container.
Dill and Onion: Add ¼ cup dill and ⅛ cup diced red onion or yellow onion; stir to combine.
Garlic and Chive: Add 2 Tablespoons minced garlic and ⅛ cup chopped chives. Stir to combine.
Jalapeno Pepper: Add 1 Jalapeño and ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced. Stir together.
Pumpkin: Omit the water from the base recipe. Blend in 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract, 1 Tablespoon maple syrup and ½ can pumpkin puree.
Strawberry: Blend in ½ cup strawberries, ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract, and 2 teaspoons maple syrup. Stir in extra diced strawberries after blending. fresh strawberries
Spicy: Add 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes and blend.
- Soaking cashews makes them easier to blend.
- However, a quick and easy way to soften cashews without soaking them is to boil them for ten minutes on the stovetop and then drain and rinse before blending.
- Do not add salt until the mixture is thoroughly blended. Then, add a small amount, blend, and taste before adding more. You don't want to add too much salt.
- If you plan to make different flavors, separate them into different bowls to add other flavors.
- Make a breakfast board with different flavors of vegan cream cheese, bagels, and veggies to build unique breakfast combinations.
- The mixture will thicken as it chills in the refrigerator. I suggest making a day ahead of time.
- Vegan cream cheese stays fresh for 5 days, refrigerated or frozen for 3 months.
- When thawing, remove the vegan cream cheese from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator to thaw completely. You may need to reblend for the best texture. Add a Tablespoon or two of unsweetened, unflavored plant milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Use vegan cream cheese for any recipe that calls for cream cheese.
Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 0.4g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.4mg