In under 30 minutes, tahini noodles can be served hot or cold. With a light tahini sauce full of vegetables and rice noodles, this tahini noodle bowl is a fabulous, gluten-free, oil-free noodle bowl you will love.
Servings: 4 servings
THAI NOODLE BOWL
- 8 ounces Rice Noodles
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup red cabbage – thinly sliced
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded
- 3 large carrots julienned (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- ½ cup scallions white and green parts – thinly sliced
- 1 Jalapeño seeded and minced
- 1 cup Edamame - shelled
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro – roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup Peanuts
- 3 Tablespoons Toasted Sesame Seeds
GINGER TAHINI DRESSING
- 4 Tablespoons Tahini
- 2 inches Fresh Ginger – peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 6 Tablespoons Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 1 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 6 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1/12 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Pepper to taste
SAUCE TO MARINATE TOFU IF ADDING TOFU TO THE RECIPE
- ½ cup Tahini
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha
Cut and julienne vegetables; except for the broccoli florets
Place vegetables into a large bowl, except for the broccoli
Cook and shell edamame (I used mame; already shelled edamame); set aside to cool.
In a large pot, fill ¾ full of water; add a little salt.
Bring to a boil.
Add rice noodles and broccoli.
Boil for 4-6 minutes.
Drain using a colander and run cold water over noodles and broccoli until cool.
Shake to drain again.
Add noodles and broccoli to the bowl with vegetables.
Pour sauce over noodles/vegetables and toss.
*This salad can be made 1 day ahead of time, dressed.
Serve salad in individual bowls.
Add cilantro, nuts, or any additions to the top.
Serve with chopsticks or a fork.
- Prepare this salad up to 1 day ahead of time.
- For optimum flavors, dress the noodles and allow them to chill in the refrigerator.
- When making the dressing, add the tahini to the blender last so it doesn't stick to the base.
- If you don't like the taste of cilantro, Thai basil is lovely with these flavors.
- If eating this dish warm or hot, consider sauteeing all the vegetables while the noodles cook. Then toss everything together once the noodles are drained.
- I like this dish with grilled tofu.
- Substitute nut butter for tahini, or try carrot ginger dressing for a nut-free option.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 784kcal | Carbohydrates: 100g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Sodium: 453mg | Potassium: 1099mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 9357IU | Vitamin C: 99mg | Calcium: 271mg | Iron: 6mg