Vegan Waldorf Salad
Crunchy with crisp apples, celery, and walnuts, this vegan Waldorf salad is a classic recipe perfect for the fall. Take a bite of this sweet and savory vegan Waldorf salad recipe, and you'll be hooked.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup unocooked farro yield 3 to 3/12 cups cooked
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cashew mayo
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon murstard
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup red onion or Simple Rosemary Infused Pickled Red Onions diced
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 apples, chopped into bite-sized pieces I used honey crisp
- 1 cup seedless grapes red or green sliced in half
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins or dried cranberries I used cranberries because I don't like raisins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons parsley
Combine ¼ cup cashew mayo, maple syrup, dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar; whisk together and set aside.
Prepare all vegetables and put them in a large bowl.
Add nuts and raisins or dried cranberries.
Add dressing and stir to mix well.
Add cooked, cooled farro is using.
Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- I prefer to leave the skins on the apples when making this salad; however, some prefer to remove them.
- When cutting the apples, immediately toss in lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Try to use fresh herbs whenever available for maximum flavor.
- If adding farro or another grain, cook and allow it to cool completely before adding it to the salad.
- If the farro is thick and sticky after cooking and cooling, toss it in a colander and run water through it for the best results.
- Although it seems like very little dressing, it goes a long way.
- Toss again before servings.
- The vegan Waldorf salad will last 5 days in the refrigerator.
- I do not recommend freezing this salad.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 201mg | Potassium: 351mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 187IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg