Tater Tot Nachos
Indulge with healthy tater tot nachos. Tater tots aren't just for kids anymore! And with the Superbowl right around the corner, plan fun snacks early.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time22 mins
Total Time32 mins
Course: Small Bites
Diet: Diabetic, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Servings: 5 servings
Tater Tots (choose 1)
- 1 recipe Homemade Baked Tater Tots or 16 ounce bag of Alexia Frozen Organic Yukon Select Puffs or store-bought tater tots of choice
Taco Meat Topping (choose 1)
- ¼ recipe Nacho Cheese Sauce I made a whole recipe to use for other recipes during the week
- ½ cup grape tomatoes quartered
- ½ cup diced yellow or red onion
- 2 jalapeños de-seeded and sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cook tater tots according to recipe/bag instructions.
While tater tots are cooking, make the coney sauce, and cut the vegetables.
Make the vegan nacho cheese sauce.
Remove tater tots from the oven and place in a large shallow bowl or on a platter.
Drizzle with vegan nacho cheese sauce.
Add chosen taco meat recipe.
Top with cilantro and other garnish and topping you enjoy.
Share your tater tot nachos and enjoy it!
- If making homemade tater tots, make the tots ahead of time to reduce preparation time.
- Choose a variety of vegetables such as red bell peppers, tomatoes, green onions, and any other vegetables you enjoy!
- Serve salsa, guacamole, and vegan sour cream for added toppings.
- Try making a tater tot nacho bar by serving the tater tots with all the toppings on the side.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 509mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 361IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg