Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
It's time for chilling and grilling! For a quick and easy dinner, grill up some vegetable kabobs. Three different marinade recipes included, as well as two different dipping sauces!
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 ounces of medium-sized mushrooms
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium-sized zucchini sliced into equal ¼ inch slices
- ½ pound baby tri-colored potatoes parboiled
- 1 white onion is cut into pieces similar to other vegetables
- 1 red bell pepper cut into similar sizes as other vegetables
- 4 wooden BBQ skewers or metal ones
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup shallots minced
- 3 Tablespoons chopped lemongrass from the inner white part of 2-3 stalks
- 2 teaspoons Dulse chopped to powder
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce or Tamari
- 2 limes juiced 1 lime zested
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Thai red curry paste I like the Thai Kitchen brand
- 1 Tablespoon Asian sweet chili sauce I like a Taste of Thai brand
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ inch fresh ginger grated ( I leave the skin on)
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon Thai basil chopped
MAPLE STONEGROUND MUSTARD MARINADE
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup grainy stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary minced
- 3 teaspoons fresh thyme minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup water
HOMEMADE TERIYAKI MARINADE
- ½ cup Tamari or soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup fresh pineapple
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger minced
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot powder or corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
Yum Yum Sauce
- ¾ cup cashew vegan mayo or vegan mayo of choice or substitute silken tofu or white beans for the cashews for a nut-free option
- 1 teaspoon organic tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Basil Dipping Sauce
- ¾ cup Cashew vegan mayo or vegan mayo of choice substitute white beans or silken tofu for a nut-free option
- ½ cup fresh basil
PREPARATION OF VEGETABLES
If you are using wooden BBQ skewers, soak in water for at least an hour to prevent vegetables from sticking after cooking.
Parboil baby potatoes for 15 minutes; boil for 15 minutes, place potatoes in a colander, and run cold water over potatoes to stop cooking.
Cut red bell peppers, onion, and zucchini in uniform sizes, similar to the size of the mushrooms, tomatoes, and potatoes.
Choose a marinade and marinate vegetables for at least an hour before grilling.
GRILLING INSTRUCTIONS FOR VEGETABLE KABOBS
Preheat the grill to medium-low
Remove sticks from soaking in water, thread the vegetables on the sticks, and rotate the vegetables until all are used.
Reserve extra marinade for basting vegetables while grilling.
Place vegetable kabobs on the hot grill
Cook for 15 minutes, turning every five minutes, and with leftover marinade.
Serve on skewers or remove vegetables from the skewers and serve plated.
First, all marinades are not created equal! Because I don't cook with oil, I make different oil-free marinades for healthy cooking. Then, of course, I have my favorites.
One of my favorite marinades, for instance, is my Lemongrass Tofu Recipe. Lemongrass, for example, is one of my favorite marinades and dressings.
Calories: 922kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 57g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Sodium: 4803mg | Potassium: 1426mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 48g | Vitamin A: 2889IU | Vitamin C: 118mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 6mg