Vegan Southwest Dressing
Vegan Southwest dressing recipe has four simple ingredients and blends in under 5 minutes. Perfect for taco salad, southwest salad, tacos, and a dip for your favorite veggies.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Course: Sauces, Dips & Dressings
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Servings: 12 servings
- ¼ cup raw cashews soaked overnight, rinsed and drained. You can skip this step if you have a quality high-speed blender
- ½ cup fresh salsa of choice choose your favorite style and flavor
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice plus lime zest for additional lime flavor
- ½ cup Water to thin if necessary; based on thickness and chunkiness of salsa chosen
Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
Blend on high until smooth.
Add water to thin if necessary.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Soak cashews overnight or boil them for 10 minutes to soften. Drain, and then blend with teh other ingredients.
- For a nut-free option, choose silken tofu, white beans, or sunflower seeds. If using tofu or beans, you will need less water.
- The spiciness of the vegan southwest dressing depends on if you choose mild, medium, or hot salsa.
- If used as a dip, add less water to make it thicker.
- Not only is vegan southwest dressing easy to make, but it can be made ahead of time and keeps well in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Serving: 12g | Calories: 19kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 53IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 0.2mg