Mango salad is a fresh, fruity summertime salad loaded with nutrient-dense foods, topped with a light oil-free lime peanut dressing. Every bite tastes like summertime in a bowl.
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 cups kale stem and veins removed, chopped or any green of choice
- 2 mangos cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 English cucumber deseeded and julienned
- 2 Roma tomatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small red onion cut into slivers
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado cut into bite-sized pieces (wait to cut until right before serving)
Oil-Free Lime Peanut Dressing
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes optional
- ¼ cup water
- 2 limes juiced and zested
Place kale in the base of a large bowl
Prepare vegetables for the salad (except for avocado; wait until ready to serve to add avocado.
Add all ingredients to the bowl of kale
Peanut Lime Dressing
Combine all ingredients into a high-speed blender
Blend until smooth
Pour the dressing into the salad and toss
Cover the dressed salad until ready to serve
- Skip the peanuts in the salad and in the dressing for a nut-free option, or add toasted quinoa for a crunchy addition.
- Refrigerate both mangos and avocados as soon as they are ripe to preserve them longer (3-5 days).
- If using kale, dress the salad in advance, so it softens the kale and marinates the rest of the ingredients.
- Choose fruits and vegetables in season to find the best prices on produce.
- The salad will last, dressed, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 338mg | Potassium: 1237mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 15106IU | Vitamin C: 187mg | Calcium: 405mg | Iron: 4mg