The next time you fire up the grill, try tempeh grilled! Grilled tempeh is like a sponge and absorbs your favorite spices and marinades for your next barbeque.
Servings: 4 servings
Preparing the Tempeh
Remove tempeh from the packages and cut each cake in half.
Place the tempeh pieces into a saucepan and cover with water.
Boil tempeh for 20 minutes.
Drain water and allow it to cool.
Marinate in a covered container overnight (minimal time, 3 hours).
Ensure all the tempeh is covered, so rotate the container several times.
Preheat the grill to 400 degrees.
Place the tempeh pieces directly on the grill.
Turn every 4 minutes for 16 minutes (4 times).
Remove from the grill and cool slightly before cutting into slices or serving as steaks with your favorite side dishes.
- I suggest always boiling tempeh before marinating and cooking.
- After grilling, add the tempeh to the remaining marinade for extra flavor.
- Always preheat the indoor or outdoor grill before adding the marinated tempeh.
- Try to keep the temperature of the indoor or outdoor grill steady so as not to overcook the tempeh.
- For grilling cubes of tempeh, use a grill pan or basket.
- To reheat grilled tempeh, leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat the baked tempeh, microwave or bake it in the oven until warm.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 628mg | Potassium: 378mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 3mg