Spicy Cucumber Salad
Spicy cucumber salad is a simple yet tasty salad to accompany any Asian meal. With two simple ingredients and a simple oil-free dressing, you will love this tangy slightly spicy salad.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 English cucumber cut lengthwise, deseeded and cut into thin slices
- 1 bunch green onions sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce or Tamari
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- Sesame seeds optional
Cut an English cucumber lengthwise and remove the seeds using a spoon down the length of the cucumber.
Cut green onions thinly and add to cucumber.
Combine dressing ingredients.
Whisk together, but keep separate until right before serving.
Dress salad and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- These are longer and more narrow than Slicer cucumbers.
- Most of the time they are not waxed and, instead, wrapped in plastic.
- Their seeds are much smaller and easier to eat so they do not require de-seeding.
- The taste is less bitter than slicers, milder, and almost sweet.
- The skin is thinner and edible.
- They're sometimes labeled for sale as “seedless” or “burpless”
Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.03g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.04g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 271mg | Potassium: 152mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 147IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.4mg