My Italian dressing is oil-free and full of whole foods. Unlike store-bought dressing, this Italian dressing recipe is so delicious, you will never buy store-bought dressing again.
Servings: 6 servings
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 Tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ green pepper minced
- ½ red onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
Mince the garlic, red onion, and green pepper.
Chop the parsley and basil.
Add all the ingredients in a bowl or measuring cup and whisk together.
Cover and place in the refrigerator for an hour before servings, so the flavors enhance.
Serve on your favorite salad, or pasta, marinate veggies for grilling, or use a sandwich dressing.
This dressing will be fresh in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Using fresh herbs gives the dressing a more full-bodied flavor.
- Fresh lemon juice is also preferred compared to bottled juice.
- Combining the two different kinds of vinegar is essential to reaching the depth of flavor.
- Serve this dressing in a pasta salad, Italian chopped salad, Panzanella salad, or Italian farro salad.
- Try this dressing to marinate vegetables for the grill or vegetable kabobs.
- Do not blend the dressing; it should be chunky for the best flavors.
Calories: 38kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 336IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg