Spaghetti salad is an elegant combination of noodles, and raw and roasted vegetables, dressed in an oil-free Italian dressing and served on a bed of beautiful greens. Every bite is a blissful combination of flavors. Ready in 30 minutes or less!
Servings: 6 servings
- 16 ounces spaghetti I used fettuccini noodles
- 1 bunch asparagus cut into bite-sized pieces and roasted
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 cup artichokes chopped
- 1 green pepper diced
- ½ white onion diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in halves
- 1 zucchini diced
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- ½ cup basil chopped
- 8 ounces Arugula or greens of choice
Homemade Italian Dressing
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut asparagus and place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
Shake the pan to make sure the asparagus isn't overlapping.
Cook for 15 minutes; remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Now, cook noodles according to package directions (my noodles cooked in 12 minutes).
Drain noodles in a colander, and immediately run cold water over the noodles to stop cooking.
Using your hands, move the noodles around in the colander so all the noodles are cooled.
Shake any excess water from the noodles in the colander and pour the noodles into a bowl.
Add the asparagus and other vegetables EXCEPT for THE BASIL AND PARSLEY.
Pour the Italian dressing on the noodles and vegetables, and using tongs, toss the dressing into the noodles and vegetables.
Cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for an hour or more to intensify the flavors.
Place a generous portion of greens (I used arugula) in the base of each bowl.
Top with spaghetti salad and garnish with parsley and basil
- Always add a little salt to the boiling water when cooking spaghetti.
- It's essential to trim the pale ends of each stalk because they tend to be woody and tough. You might be accustomed to bending each stalk until it snaps in half.
- I buy artichokes packed in water or brine rather than oil.
- Prepare and dress the salad beforehand so the flavors develop in the refrigerator.
- Add 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to spice the spaghetti salad.
- For added flavor, add vegan parmesan cheese before serving.
- The salad will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 757mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2965IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 4mg