Vegetable Egg Rolls
Vegetable egg rolls are crispy, crunchy, and oil-free. Loaded with cabbage, carrots, onions, and mushrooms, these healthy vegetable egg rolls taste so good you won't believe you didn't order carryout from your favorite Chinese restaurant.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time10 minutes mins
Total Time20 minutes mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 package vegan oil-free egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 ounces mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ red onions diced (½ cup diced)
- ⅛ cup Teryaki Sauce I used Amy's
MAKING THE VEGETABLE FILLING
Shred the red cabbage and carrots; add them to a bowl
In a skillet, saute the diced onions and mushrooms
Add the teriyaki sauce to the mushroom onion mixture, and stir to combine
Remove from heat and add the cabbage and carrots; stir to combine
WRAP AND ROLL
Take one wrapper and lay it on a flat surface sideways with the wrapper turned to the side; point up
Place filling in the middles
Fold like an envelope, and roll tightly.
Repeat with each egg roll wrapper until the fillings are gone (approximately 10-15 full-sized rolls)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Place a silicone baking mat or parchment paper on the baking sheet.
Place each roll on the pan and few centimeters apart.
Bake for 30 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
Remove from oven; slice each one in half.
How To Freeze Pre-Cooked Or Cooked Egg Rolls
Whenever I plan to make avocado egg rolls for a party or holiday, I make them in advance and freeze them. Even though the egg rolls can be frozen before or after cooking, I prefer before cooking.
- Place egg rolls on a small baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper inches apart.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, ensuring the pan is sealed to not allow air in.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours, and then transfer egg rolls to a plastic freezer bag.
- Preheat the oven up to 350 degrees for best results, and arrange your frozen egg rolls on a wire rack placed on a baking sheet.
- The rack ensures that the heat reaches the rolls on all sides for the crispiest exterior possible.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning each egg roll over halfway through.
- Place in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, then turn and place back in the air fryer for another 8 to 10 minutes.
- Check that you've achieved your desired texture, and if you haven't, continue to air fry until you get the crispiness you desire.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 340mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1870IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg