Make a simple Mexican salad to accompany your Mexican-themed dinner without a lot of ingredients. With a tasty cilantro lime dressing, this salad is perfect to bring to a party or to complement any Mexican dinner.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 avocado pitted (or ½ cup plain unsweetened vegan yogurt)
- 1 cups fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 head Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 red onion cut into slivers
- 1 English cucumber cut in slices and quartered
- 1- pint grape tomatoes cut in half
- 8 radishes sliced thin
- 1 cup baby bell peppers cut into rings, or one red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- 2 jalapenos deseeded sliced (optional)
Cilantro Lime Dressing
Choose avocado, vegan yogurt, or NOTHING. The dressing is good regardless of your choice or if you leave the avocado or yogurt out.
Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Preparing the salad
Place the cut Romaine lettuce on the base of the platter or bowl
Then mix in the cilantro as if it were lettuce instead of a garnish.
Place the cut vegetables around the salad so they are evenly distributed in colors and surfaces.
Place lime wedges around the edges for additional lime if wanted and for color.
Do not add the avocado until right before serving.
Serve the dressing on the side or drizzle over the salad before serving.
- Do not add the avocado to the salad until before serving to prevent it from turning brown.
- I used a crinkle cutter to make my cut vegetables prettier.
- Prepare the salad 1-2 days before to help with food preparation.
- Add lime zest to the dressing for a more profound lime flavor.
- If you don't like cilantro, skip it or substitute basil or parsley.
- Use plain, unsweetened vegan yogurt instead of the avocado for a quick and easy substitution.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 793mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 8671IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2mg