Buffalo Chickpea Wrap
Spice up chickpea salad with this buffalo chickpea wrap loaded with veggies and dressed in a mild vegan buffalo dressing. Served cold or grilled in a skillet, this buffalo chickpea salad can be eaten in a wrap, in a bowl, with a fox, in a box.... it can be eaten in so many different ways!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Diet: Diabetic, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Servings: 6 servings
Buffalo Chickpea Salad
- 15 ounces chickpeas garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed, and slightly mashed
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup celery diced
- ½ cup carrots diced
- ¼ cup parsley
Other Wrap Ingredients
- Lavash bread or wrap of choice
- Green of choice I used power greens; a combination of kale, collard greens, spinach, and arugula
¼ cup homemade vegan buffalo sauce or buffalo sauce of choice
- ¼ cup raw cashews soaked overnight in water, and drained (or substitute white beans for a nut-free option)
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup cayenne pepper hot sauce I used Noble Made by New Primal
- 1 ½ Tablespoon pure maple syrup or date syrup
- 1 Tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup Vegan Cashew mayo or vegan mayo of choice
Buffalo Chickpea Salad
Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
Place drained and rinsed chickpeas in a food processor or use a fork and mash lightly, leaving some chickpeas whole; do not over-mash. If using a food processor, pulse rather than blend.
Transfer the chickpeas to a large bowl.
Add the diced vegetables and pour the dressing over the top. Stir to combine.
Refrigerate until ready to use.
Buffalo Chickpeas wrap
Lay a lavash wrap or wrap of choice on a flat surface.
Now, spread buffalo chickpea salad in an even layer on one-half of the lavash bread.
Then, on the other side, add greens of choice or any other desired vegetables.
Next, roll starting with the end with the greens end toward the chickpea salad, ending at the chickpea salad end, which will serve as glue to hold the wrap together.
Cut in half and serve or grill in a skillet for a hot sandwich.
If cooking, use a non-stick skillet on medium-low heat for approximately 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Then cut it in half.
- Do not over-mash the chickpeas. Pulse them in the food processor or use a fork to mash them, but the texture should be chunky, not thin.
- Dice the vegetables small, so they blend in the salad well.
- Add small amounts first and adjust to personal preference when using any spice sauce or spice.
- Buffalo chickpea salad lasts 5 days in the refrigerator.
- I do not recommend freezing chickpeas salad.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 416mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2553IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 3mg