Vegan fudgesickles are creamy, healthy, and delicious. Made with only 6 ingredients, these fudgesicles are sugar-free and fabulous. So if you're craving a frozen chocolate treat, look no further.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes (yield 2 ½ cups), peeled and cut into equal-sized chunks.
- 2 cups unsweetened oat milk or plant milk of choice
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup or date syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 Medjool dates pitted
Peel and cut sweet potatoes into equal-sized chunks.
Place cut and peeled potato chunks in a pot and cover with water.
Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cover for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are soft and pierced with a fork.
In the meantime, in a glass measuring cup, boil one cup of water in the microwave and place the pitted dates in the water to soften for easier blending.
Drain potatoes and allow to cool to the touch.
In a high-speed blender, add the plant milk first, followed by the sweet potatoes, pitted dates, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Blend on high until smooth.
Then, transfer the contents of the blender to the popsicle molds and add the sticks.
- Wait until the sweet potatoes cool completely before blending for the smoothest fudgesicle liquid.
- Peel the sweet potatoes!
- Purple and white sweet potatoes are less sweet than orange sweet potatoes.
- Instead of popsicle molds, use ice cube trays with toothpicks for a bite-sized treat.
- Stir in fresh fruit such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, or cut strawberries.
- Or, add a banana for added nutrients.
- Serve as vegan chocolate pudding instead of fudgesicles by pouring into dessert cups and refrigerating.
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.03g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 481mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 8174IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 2mg