Vegan Lobster Roll
This vegan lobster roll recipe is made with heart of palm, chickpeas, vegetables, and seaweed dressed in a tangy, creamy dressing. Toast a whole-grain bun, add greens, and load up this beautiful lobster salad.
Servings: 8 servings
Vegan Lobster Salad
- 1 15 ounces can chickpea rinsed, drained, and lightly food processed
- 14 ounces can or jar of heart of palm in brine or water drained and cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup diced green onions
- ½ cup diced red bell peppers
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 1 sheet Nori seaweed crumbled
- 5 cups arugula or greens of choice
- 8 small whole-grain Hoagie rolls or bed of choice
- ½ cup vegan cashew mayo] or vegan mayo of choice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic. minced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Vegan Lobster Salad
Drain and rinse chickpeas.
Place chickpeas in a food processor with a large blade and pulse until crushed. Do not over-pulse. The chickpeas should be broken, not mashed.
Drain the heart of palm and cut it into bite pieces.
Dice the celery, red bell pepper, and green onions.
Crumble the sheet of seaweed or use a small food processor to crumble, or use 1 Tablespoon crushed dulse.
Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk.
Pour sauce over the lobster salad and stir to combine.
Cover the salad and refrigerate for about an hour.
Assembling the Lobster
Turn on the broil feature on the oven at a low temperature
Place buns on a baking sheet, open to toast the inside of the bun.
Broil for 5 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Add a generous portion of arugula or green choice.
Add the lobster salad to the center of the bun.
Cut in half and enjoy.
- Do not over-pulse the hearts of palm; instead, pulse the mixture instead of blending.
- Instead of making your own mayo, choose your favorite store-bought version.
- I do not suggest freezing the lobster salad.
- Add any topping you enjoy.
- The lobster salad lasts up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- I suggest keeping the lobster salad separated in a bowl until you plan to use it as a sandwich filler.
Calories: 385kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 591mg | Potassium: 1109mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 997IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 13mg