Crispy polenta fries are heaven! In 20 minutes or less, you can eat what tastes like french fries but is made from polenta! Crispy on the outside and soft and delicate on the inside, this is my new favorite recipe!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Course: Side Dish, Small Bites
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 package pre-made organic polenta (17 ounce tube)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- ½ cup organic ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
Cutting the Polenta
Remove the wrapping around the polenta
Slice the tube lengthwise evenly
Using a sharp knife, cut equal siized 1 inch strips from each large section.
Now, cut all the long strips in half.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Place fries on the baking sheet in a single layer leaving a small space between each fry.
Bake for 30 minutes until crispy.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parsley.
Preheat air frier to 350 degrees.
Place seasoned fries in the air fryer basket or on an air frying pan.
Cook for 15 minutes until fries are crispy.
Remove from the airfryer and sprinkle with parsley.
- Do not dry the polenta as instructed on the package. The wetness provides a natural way for the seasoning to stick without using oil.
- f making thinner polenta fries, reduce time by ½ of cooking time in both the oven and air fryer.
- If making your own polenta, it is necessary to refrigerate the polenta until it is firm (overnight is best)
- Make sure to cut the polenta fries the same size to cool at the same rate.
- If the batch is cooking in an air fryer, I suggest preheating the oven to 325 degrees and preparing a baking sheet to keep the cooked fries warm while cooking the other batches.
- Remember, if batch cooking, the first batch always takes longer than the subsequent batches because the sir fryer is hotter after the first batch.
- If you don't enjoy ketchup, consider vegan yum yum sauce, vegan southwest dressing, or vegan ranch dressing for dipping.
Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.03g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 450mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 0.5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 177IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg