Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Dive into a bowl of Mediterranean quinoa salad for lunch or dinner. It's the perfect quick and easy summer meal you can prepare in less than 20 minutes!
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time15 minutes mins
Course: Entrees, Salad, Side Dish
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 2 cup cooked red quinoa (⅔ cup dry)
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 cup Grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup Red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup Orange bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Capers
- ½ cup Red cabbage, chopped
- ½ cup Tofu feta cheese
- ½ cup Red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon juiced
- 3 Tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Mint, chopped
- Cook quinoa in advance and refrigerate to expedite cooling.
- Use a vegetable chopper to cut vegetables uniformly for a chopped salad texture.
- Dress the salad in advance, so the flavors enhance while chilling in the refrigerator.
- Do not add quinoa to the salad until it is cool.
- Serve this salad as an entree, lunch or side dish.
Calories: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 385IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg