Chickpea Egg Salad
If you love tofu egg salad, you must try chickpea egg salad! This version of vegan egg salad is delicious, soy-free, gluten-free, and easy to make in less than 20 minutes.
Course: Entrees, Sandwiches, vegan lunch
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- ½ cup diced celery
- ⅔ cup cashew mayo or vegan mayo of choice Substitute silken tofu or white beans for cashews for a nut-free option
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- ½ teaspoon black salt add ¼ teaspoon more if you want a stronger egg taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 2 tespoons capers (optional)
Rinse and drain the chickpeas in a colander under cold water.
Shake dry and add chickpeas to a food processor.
Pulse until the chickpeas are mashed; do not over-pulse
Add the remaining ingredients.
Stir ingredients together; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill.
- Do not over-pulse chickpeas in the food processor.
- If you don't have a food processor, use a fork to mash the chickpeas.
- For a nut-free option, choose white beans or silken tofu to replace the cashews in the cashew mayo recipe.
- Instead of bread, fill a large hot house tomato, serve inside lettuce wraps, add to a green salad, or eat directly from a bowl.
- Omit black salt if you don't like the smell and taste of eggs.
- Add additional chopped vegetables for more veggies.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 0.3g | Fat: 0.2g | Saturated Fat: 0.02g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 250mg | Potassium: 18mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 0.1g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.2mg