Vegan scallops are made from the hearts of palm marinated with lemon and infused with seaweed. This vegan scallop recipe cooks in 10 minutes for a quick and easy dinner!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 14 ounce Jar of hearts of palm
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Wakame Flakes, nori or dulse, chopped
- 1 recipe creamy garlic pasta (optional)
Remove the hearts of palm from the jar/can, and rinse them in water, and dry.
Place the hearts of palm sticks on a cutting board.
Using a sharp knife, cut the sticks into equal-sized pieces (about ½ inch slices)
Squeeze the lemon, add chopped wakame flakes, and Old Bay Seasoning into a container with the hearts of palm pieces.
Marinate overnight or at least for 3 hours.
The wakame flakes expand when exposed to moisture.
In a medium skillet, over medium heat, for 10 minutes, 5 minutes on each side.
Serve on top of creamy garlic pasta, parsley, and lemon wedges (optional)
- Use a sharp knife when cutting the hearts of palm into vegan scallops; they should be the same width and cook evenly at the same rate.
- Keep the centerpieces inside the outer pieces to look like scallops; they will stay together if you use a sharp knife.
- Marinate overnight if possible for maximum flavor infusion.
- The vegan scallops cook quickly, so if you plan to serve with pasta rice or rice, prepare the other components before cooking the scallops.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 7kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 0.3g | Fat: 0.1g | Saturated Fat: 0.03g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.03g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 29mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0.5g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.3mg