Tuscan White Bean Soup
This Tuscan white bean soup is a simple and savory vegan soup recipe that comes together in less than 30 minutes or cooks in the crockpot! It’s made with white cannellini beans, lentils, veggies, and rainbow chard for a delicious soup that is creamy and filled with flavor! You will love this vegan Tuscan white bean soup.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Diet: Diabetic, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 5 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 15 ounce Cans Cannellini beans
- 1 cup uncooked brown lentils rinsed; remove any debris
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups chopped rainbow chard remove the stems
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional Additional Ingredients
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 15 ounce Can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
Add lentils, beans, onions, garlic, bay leaf, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast (if using), and canned fire-roasted tomatoes (if using) to the 5-6 quart crock pot base.
Cover and cook for 6 hours on low until lentils ar softened.
Add the chopped rainbow chard and lemon juice.
Stir and cover again for the chard to wilt.
In a soup pot over medium-high heat, saute the garlic and onions until the onions are translucent.
Add the diced carrots and stir into the onion garlic/mixture.
Add the lentils, beans, bay leaf, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast (if using), and canned fire-roasted tomatoes (if using).
Stir and bring to a boil.
Cover and cook for 25 minutes until the lentils are softened.
Add chard and lemon juice.
Stir into hot soup until chard wilts.
- Dice the vegetables in similar sizes to promote even cooking. I use a vegetable chopper, which saves time in the kitchen.
- For a thinner soup, add more vegetable broth.
- If you prefer a thicker soup, try the variation adding nutritional yeast and canned fire-roasted tomatoes.
- Add fresh tomatoes if preferred.
- Vegan Tuscan white bean soup stays fresh, refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- I suggest freezing the soup for up to three months in Souper Cubes. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in a pan or in the microwave.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 50kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 0.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.02g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.05g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 400mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3987IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.5mg