Try cauliflower tabbouleh if you're looking for an incredible grain-free tabbouleh recipe. This cauliflower tabbouleh recipe is a spin on the traditional Middle Eastern salad. It is a fresh, light salad with chopped parsley, tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, herbs, and finely ground cauliflower.
- 5 cups riced cauliflower I large head cauliflower, riced
- ½ cup green onions, sliced thin
- ¾ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup dill, chopped
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
Cut the cauliflower into florets.
Add cauliflower florets to a food processor bowl with a large blade.
Pulse until cauliflower resembles rice. DO NOT OVER-PULSE!
Add the cauliflower and 1 teaspoon of salt in a medium skillet on medium-high heat.
Add a little water or vegetable broth if needed.
Cook for 5 minutes, moving the cauliflower in the pan with a wooden spoon until the cauliflower rice is softened.
Spread the hot cauliflower rice on a baking sheet in a thin layer for it to cool while preparing the other ingredients.
Cut the other vegetables and place them into a large bowl.
Zest and juice the lemon in the bowl and add ½ teaspoon of salt and maple syrup.
Add the cooled cauliflower rice.
Stir to combine.
Cover and allow to chill for a minimum of 15 minutes, but prefer 1 hour before serving.
Serve as a salad or with falafel, hummus, and pita bread.
- Do not over-pulse the cauliflower rice.
- Use a large blade in the food processor and pulse rather than process.
- Cooking the cauliflower rice in a pan softens the texture, but skip this step for a firmer texture.
- Add the zest of the lemon for a more deep lemon flavor.
- Tabouli is best served chilled, as a side dish alongside falafel or hummus, with pita bread, or as we did with pita bread chips. Wrapped in lettuce leaves makes a wonderful and colorful appetizer.
- To cool the cauliflower rice quickly, spread it onto a baking sheet while preparing the other ingredients.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 75kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 823mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1389IU | Vitamin C: 133mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 2mg