Classic Vegan Chili
Classic Vegan Chili is a family favorite loaded with veggies and a few special ingredients to wow the crowd.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 Anaheim chile pepper chopped
- 2 red jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 zucchini diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce I used Annie's Vegan Brand
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces IPA beer (I used a Michigan favorite, Bell's Two Hearted)
- 28 ounces POMI chopped tomatoes
- 14.5 ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper sauce I used Cholula
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 14 ounces Boca crumbles optional
- 3 cans dark kidney beans or beans of choice
- 1 large sweet potato diced small
In a large soup pot, saute onions and garlic until translucent.
Add the Bocca crumbles and ½ cup of the veggie broth.
Saute until browned.
Add the rest of the ingredients
Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer, and cover.
Allow simmering for about 90 minutes
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 1193mg | Potassium: 1055mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 6134IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 108mg | Iron: 7mg