Grilled vegan fajitas have an incredible smoky taste and are so easy to make, you won't want to ever eat them away from home again.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 zucchini cut into coins and then cut in half
- 2 large portobello mushrooms gills and steam removed, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 white onion cut into strips
- 1 jalapeño deveined, seeds removed, sliced into strips
Vegan Fajitas Marinade
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup hatch chili sauce or salsa of choice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Tortillas choose corn, flour or gluten-free
Cooking the Fajitas
Preheat the grill to 400 degrees
Using a grill basket, place all the marinated vegetables in the base of the basket.
Leave any remaining marinade in the base of the container to use later
Place the grill basket directly on the grill
Close the cover and cook for 20 minutes, making sure to open the grill, and toss the vegetables every 5 minutes.
Return the grilled vegetables to the container with the remaining marinade.
- Cut vegetables the same size so they cook at the same rate.
- Marinate the vegetables overnight if possible for the best results.
- Preheat the grill before placing the grill basket on the grate.
- Save the extra marinade to pour over the vegetables after grilling.
- Prepare toppings and warm the tortillas before grilling the fajita vegetables.
- Serve fajitas on a platter with the tortillas and toppings on the side.
Calories: 48kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 0.5g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.02g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 459mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1167IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg