Quinoa Vegetable Soup
Welcome fall with a quinoa vegetable soup full of vegetables, quinoa, beans, and greens! Get all your nutrients in one delicious quinoa vegetable soup recipe!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large white or yellow onions diced
- 5 stalks celery diced
- 3 cups baby red potatoes cut into quarters
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 cups greens of choice I used kale
- 1 15 ounce can of pinto beans or beans of choice rinsed and drained
- 1 cup red quinoa uncooked or quinoa of choice
- 8 cups vegetables broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes optional
Saute the garlic, onions, and celery until onions are translucent.
Add potatoes; stir
Add the rest of the ingredients except for the kale and quinoa
Bring to a boil and cover for 5 minutes
Add 1 cup of dry, uncooked red quinoa (or quinoa of choice); return to a boil and cover again
Reduce heat to simmer and simmer for a 15 minutes
Remove cover and add kale; stir until greens are wilted.
Add all the ingredients except for the quinoa.
Stir to combine.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
6 hours into the cooking process, add the quinoa.
10 minutes before servings, add the kale and stir to combine.
Instant Pot Directions
Set your Instant Pot to sauté.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of water, onion, carrots, and celery, and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes, adding more water if needed to prevent sticking.
Add all remaining ingredients, except the kale, and stir.
Lock your lid in place, ensuring the valve is set to the sealing position.
Then set your Instant Pot to high pressure on high for 4 minutes. (It will take about 15 minutes to reach pressure.)
Once complete, allow to quick release and stir in the kale. Stir the soup and season with salt and pepper to serve.
- If using white quinoa, the soup may take less time to cook (3-5 minutes).
- Freezing quinoa vegetable soup is easy. However, I suggest leaving 1-inch from the top of any freezer-safe container.
- Furthermore, when planning to reheat the soup, make sure to thaw it completely before reheating, so the vegetables and quinoa don't overcook.
- Add other vegetables you like in place of the ones in the recipe.
- I like using freezer cubes to freeze leftover soup. Or, I double the batch to purposely freeze my favorite soups to eat at a later time.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Sodium: 1142mg | Potassium: 680mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2767IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 3mg