When I planned my menu this week, I decided to make a ramen noodle stir fry recipe for dinner. Although most people associate soup with ramen noodles, ramen noodle stir is a quick and easy meal. With a few simple ingredients, easy ramen noodle stir-fry only takes minutes to prepare. I don't know about you, but any time I can make dinner in under 20 minutes, I'm elated!
Surprisingly, finding vegan ramen noodles can sometimes be challenging. I buy my Rice Ramen Noodles on Amazon when I can't find them at Costco, Sprouts, or Whole Foods. Personally, I prefer Lotus Foods Ramen Noodles because they are oil-free and easy to prepare.
What Ramen Noodle Brands are Vegan?
- Dr. McDougall's Right Foods: These are ramen noodle cups that require water and a microwave. Although I love these noodle cups, these noodles are more like a soup and not for a ramen noodle salad. They come in four flavors: spring onion, miso, chicken, and hot and sour.
- Nissin Top Ramen: This brand comes in two flavors: chili and soy
- Koyo: Koyo has plenty of vegan flavors to choose from, including Garlic Pepper, Lemongrass Ginger, and Shiitake Mushroom.
- Lotus Foods: Lotus Food's Rice Ramen collection contains numerous vegan flavors. Made of brown rice and millet, II love these oil-free ramen noodles and use them often in soups, salads, and main dishes.
Not only are these noodles great for Ramen soup or salad, but they are also wonderful as a noodle in a stir fry. First, Rice Ramen noodles are gluten-free and made of rice and millet.
Secondly, they are low in fat and calories. So, with that being said, I use these noodles as often as possible when eating pasta.
What ingredients are in ramen noodle stir fry?
- Green onions
- Purple cabbage, chopped
- White or Napa cabbage, chopped
- Red bell pepper, sliced thin, in bite-sized pieces
- Grated fresh ginger
- Ramen Noodle blocks (they come in individual servings pre-sized)
- Vegetable broth to use in the pan to avoid sticking
How to make stir fry ramen noodles
First, always start with a clean oil-free wok on medium-high and begin with the garlic, mushrooms, and scallions. Once the mushrooms and onions brown, add the broccoli florets.
Because broccoli needs to cook a little longer than all the other vegetables, keep the heat high and toss the broccoli around with a wooden spoon to cook all the florets for about 5-6 minutes.
Then, add the cabbages and red peppers and toss them together, cooking the vegetables for another 5 minutes.
Tips for a better Stir Fry
- Never add the sauce until after all the vegetables are cooked, and the cooked noodles are tossed into the vegetables.
- Keep the vegetables moving, so everything cooks evenly.
- Cook the tofu ahead of time; it warms up fabulously in the stir-fry and saves a lot of time.
- Serve with peanuts and cilantro for a bonus.
Since the noodle only requires 4 minutes to cook, the whole meal is ready in under 20 minutes. When the noodles are boiled and drained, add them to the wok and toss them into the vegetables.
Next, add the optional tofu, miso sauce and stir to combine and serve.
What is in the stir fry ramen noodle recipe sauce?
Since I love Asian food of all kinds, I chose to make an oil-free miso-based dressing for this recipe.
Despite the time it takes to make sauces and dressings homemade, the results are worth the effort.
Bottled condiments and dressings have a lot of processed ingredients and hidden sugar.
If you make your own dressings and sauces at home, you will soon discover how much healthier they are. And, they also taste better.
- White miso paste
- Rice wine vinegar
- Grated fresh ginger
- Chili paste
- Soy sauce or Tamari (Gluten-free version)
- Garlic, minced
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Freshly ground black pepper
Optional tofu adds more protein to an already yummy ramen stir fry
Whenever I cook tofu, I prefer extra firm or sprouted tofu. Not only does it require less pressing, but sprouted tofu doesn't require any pressing at all.
Next, marinate overnight in a combination of soy sauce and rice vinegar. If you like it a little spicy, add a little Sriracha.
How do I stir fry ramen noodles?
- Ramen noodles must be cooked before adding to the stir fry, which takes an easy 4 minutes.
Are ramen noodles vegan?
- Not all ramen noodle brands are vegan; some contain fish sauce, chicken, or beef broth.
Can ramen noodle stir fry be reheated?
- Yes; either microwave it on the reheat setting or toss it back in a wok for a few minutes. Or, I like it cold the next day!
Other great vegan Asian dishes you may like
- Asian Tahini Noodle Bowl
- Cabbage Asian Salad
- Grilled Asian Sesame Tofu with Vegetable Slaw
- Dan dan noodles
- Spicy Peanut Noodles
- Garlic Noodles
- Vietnamese Noodles
- Spicy Peanut Noodles
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂