Despite my addiction to french fries, I really don't have another vice. Fortunately, I don't like sweets, which is evident in my small dessert section. But, I have never met a french fry I didn't like, and Skinny Sweet Potato Fries are no exception.
Although I love sweet potato fries, I will never again eat anything fried as long as I live. In fact, the day I bought my air fryer was the day sweet potato fries became a staple at our house.
Honestly, I like all potatoes; The Perfect Crispy Air-Fried Steak Fries, Chili and Lime Roasted Red Potatoes, Vegan German Potato Salad with Smokey Coconut Bacon. But, there is something about a sweet potato french fries air fryer that speaks to me. These oil free sweet potato fries are a healthy alternative to regular fries.
First, using an air fryer isn't only easy, it's quick. Also, using a Mandolin makes cutting the perfect sweet potato fries a breeze. In order to make uniform sweet potato fries, I used the french fry blade. Also, I skinned my sweet potatoes this time, but you don't have to.
Secondly, the seasoning you choose will change the flavors of your sweet potato fries. For example, I chose garlic and fresh rosemary. But, feel free to pick your own flavors; basil and lime, lemon and dill, or just plain fries.
As in my other air fried potato recipe, I always par boil my potatoes. Not only does it make the sweet potato fries crispy on the outside, they stay soft on the inside. Additionally, once the sweet potatoes fries are parboiled, the seasoning and herbs you pick stick to the fries for cooking.
And for you funny people, AF is air fried 😉
Skinny AF Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled
- 2 Tablespoons garlic salt or garlic powder if you do not consume salt
- 4 springs rosemary removed from stems and chopped
- Using a Mandolin, cut sweet potatoes using the french fry blade
- Place in cold water until you plan to bar-boil
- Bring a pot of salt water to a boil
- Place sweet potatoes into the boiling water for no more than 5 minutes
- Drain in a colander
- Place sweet potato fries in the bottom basket of your air fryer
- Sprinkle wet potatoes with half rosemary and half garlic salt (or powder)
- Cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes
- Remove pan from the bottom; shake the fries and add the remaining rosemary and garlic salt (powder)
- Cook another 5 minutes
- Remove and serve with your favorite fresh fry dip.
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂