Recently, I have been playing with different flavors to make my own unique cashew vegan parmesan cheese recipe better. Like all cooks, I make mistakes. And, yes, my family is my best and worst critics. Since I know my family so well, often, I can just tell by the looks on their faces, and then I know I need to go back to the drawing board, or the pantry.
In order to make the perfect cashew vegan parmesan cheese, it's all about the amount and flavors of specific spices. Obviously, nutritional yeast and raw cashews play an important role. But, in my opinion, the type of salt you use and the other savory spices make or break the final product.
Although I have tried store-bought vegan parmesan, there are too many ingredients. Honestly, it's easier to make it from scratch. All you need is five ingredients and a food processor.
Now comes the easy part, simply place all the ingredients in the food processor, until you get a grainy consistency. If, for some reason, you still have pieces of cashews visible, pulse again. Mmm vegan parmesan cheese recipe smells like the real deal too!
THE CONSISTENCY, AFTER PULLING, SHOULD BE THIS CONSISTENCY
FOODS THAT TASTE YUMMY WITH CASHEW VEGAN PARMESAN
- Vegan Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Vegan Stuffed Shells Recipe
- Copycat Sublime Vegan Lasagna
- Skinny Zucchini Stuffed with Veggies and Tofu Ricotta
- Creamy Dreamy Skinny Pumpkin Rigatoni
- Creamy Spicy Vegan Sausage Pasta
- Skinny Vegan Caesar Salad
- Vegan Kale and Pasta Caesar Salad
Because my family absolutely loves my vegan parmesan cheese recipe, I now make a large batch and put it into shaker containers in the refrigerator.
Skinny Cashew Vegan Parmesan "Cheese"
- In a large bowl Food Processor, using the large blade, add raw cashews, nutritional yeast and all other seasonings
- Blend on high until the contents are of a powdery consistency.
- You can use immediately, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂